Lake City Seattle Condo Sale
Lake City Seattle Condo Sale
The Personal Seattle Real Estate News
Lake City Seattle Condo: jump at the rare opportunity to become the owner of one of these six Lake City Seattle condos. This is a self-managed, friendly community where everybody shares in the amenities of neighborly living, including the garden. Owners participate in the care of the common spaces which keeps the monthly homeowner dues very low. The condo is accessible on level ground from the parking area off the alley. Guest parking is available downstairs along 33rd Avenue NE.
Enjoy the sunlight streaming through the east-facing window wall and skylights in the kitchen and bathroom. The deck is three-quarter covered and large enough for a picnic with friends. Live with vaulted ceilings above and hardwood floors underfoot. Prepare meals in the open kitchen with modern appliances and on heat-resistant limestone countertops. Come autumn, sit by the wood-burning fireplace. There is storage galore. Anxious about Seattle traffic? This is a great commuter location with bus lines nearby.
Saturday and Sunday, June 16 & 17, from 2 to 5 pm.
Lake City Seattle Condo Sale – Facts and Figures
- 12007 33rd Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125
- Listed for $325,000
- Offers, if any, will be reviewed Tuesday, June 19, 2108
- MLS #1298553
- Complex built in 1960
- Condo Conversion, August 2000
- King County condominium recording #20000815001924
- 741 square feet
- 2 bedrooms
- 1 full bath
- Homeowner Dues $125/mo and participation in common area upkeep*
- Homeowner Dues cover internet service
- Homeowner dues and all utilities and garbage are billed bimonthly on per person prorated basis.
- 2018 Taxes $2,155
- All appliances stay with the condo (curtains and hardware will not)
- End unit, accessible level from the alley to the west (parking)
- East-facing, living room window wall: early morning light, cool in the afternoon
- Outdoor deck, three-quarter covered
- Skylights in kitchen and bathroom
- Central vacuum system
- Hardwood floors
- Open, modern kitchen
- Heat-resistant, limestone countertops
- Stove/Range, Refrigerator Washer/Dryer, Dishwasher, Microwave
- Interior steel trim
- Working wood fireplace with brick mantle
- Vaulted ceilings
- Two storage lockers
- Half of a raised garden plot
- Single parking spot
Six Condos, One Community
The Thornton Creek Cohousing, as it is officially called, is not your usual condo complex. It consists of two two-story buildings with three condos each. The second story condos are level with the garden space and parking located in the alley west of the buildings. The condo for sale is located on that level.
The community is self-managed by the owners. Four of the six owners serve on the Board of Directors of the Thornton Creek Cohousing Association (the “Board”). The bylaws and the rules and regulations will be made available to serious buyers prior to presenting offers. The resale certificate and associated documents will be provided within five days after mutual acceptance of a buyer’s offer.
Pets, Laundry, and Other Chores
The rules and regulations state that pets must be approved in advance by the Board. Only one pet is allowed by unit, with a maximum weight of 35 pounds. Owners are responsible for maintaining control of their pets.
The use of the common laundry facility is run on the honor system at 25 cents per load. The washer and dryer are located in one of two lower level rooms that are also used for bike storage and house storage lockers for the individual condo owners.
Owners are expected to participate in the upkeep of the common areas. The Board establishes a list of duties and periodically assigns time periods in which owners are responsible for these duties. Each owner is responsible for knowing their schedule and for taking care of any general cleanup that is needed during that time. This underlines the communal aspect of living and explains the low homeowner dues.
All units are to be used only as private residences by owners. Renting or sub-letting may be done only after approval by the Board
- Six units in the complex with shared grounds and facilities
- Common laundry room with a bike rack
- Lush, landscaped grounds
- Community garden
- Friendliest, helpful, and generous neighbors; a true community
- The roof is 3 years old
Vendors are hired for special projects such as roof repairs. Individual condo owners pay for the maintenance of non-shared items such as an individual condo’s central vacuum system.
The Bus Stops Here
372 (University District Express), 67, 74, 32, 26
Down Payment Assistance could be the Key to You buying this condo!
Without down payment assistance homeownership can remain just a dream. It doesn’t have to be that way. Now there is a way to find out if you qualify for down payment assistance.